Piedmont Piano Company is pleased to present
Join us for a special evening of music with Alvon Johnson, "The Ambassador of the Blues." He has become a highly respected international Singer, Musician, and Entertainer. Whether he sings with big bands performing the great material of the American Song Book or the Low Down Blues, Alvon Johnson is an artist whose act should not be missed.
$25 General Admission
Alvon Johnson is one of the most versatile musicians, singers, and entertainers on the music scene today. He travels the world singing and swinging Jazz standards with Big Bands. He also gallops the globe performing the songs that he sang while working with the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame group, The Coasters. When he travels to Russia he is referred to as the “King of the Blues” and the “Ambassador of the Blues.” His love and respect for the American art form is shared by large and enthusiastic audiences the world over.
• Recipient of the Music Icon Award from the Black MusicAssociation & Academy of America in 2015
• Recipient of the Best Male Blues Artist from the Black Music Association & Academy Of America in 2015
• Voted 2005 Blues Guitar Player of the Year
• Former vocalist with the Rock and Roll Hall of fame group “The Coasters”
• Regional winner of the Guitar Centers “King of the Blues” national contest in 2006 and 2007
• His CD “The Blues Grew up was nominated for Outstanding Blues Album of 2004 Voted as one of the top ten CD’s in Japan in 2005
• His incredible CD “Guitars and Cars”, was voted in the top ten CD’s of 2008 by the prestigious Blues magazine “Real Blues”
• Nominated for the Entertainer of the Year Award with the “International Music and Entertainment Association”